We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Share | 

Tea Party (Anne and Roderich)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Former Fem!England

PostSubject: Tea Party (Anne and Roderich)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:39 pm

Some days, Anne felt like her nervous system needed constant shots of caffeine. Mondays were especially bad, of course. Thankfully she had invested in a magical teapot and was able to brew a cup of tea in the mornings before class. However, she did miss the parlor at the Kirkland Estate and the fresh pot of tea that the servants always kept steaming. She would spend the whole day in there, during the summer, reading and doing her schoolwork, sipping cup after cup of tea. Needless to say it was a bit of an addiction.

Sometimes, the Briton needed those precious few moments to actually sit and enjoy her warm beverage. And so, she'd venture to the kitchens to sit at a small table, waited on by the house elves. It was more cozy and warm than the parlor and, honestly, she preferred it like that, though she did miss the silence of the parlor, sometimes. However, she could easily block out the noise of the kitchens and actually get work done.

Anne entered the kitchens and sat at her usual table, a house elf bringing her her usual up of tea. She smiled slightly in thanks at the elf and sipped the tea. Perfect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Anne and Roderich)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:12 pm

Roderich was having one of his stressful day's. It was day's like this that he wished he could run to the music room in his grandparent's mansion, find the grand piano that was there and play out his frustrations. It always helped whenever he was stressed about school, his family, or life in general.

Today he had been in the common room, trying to finish all his homework in time for tests. Unfortunatly, he had had a bunch of his fellow Ravenclaw's looking over at his stack of paper's, asking if he had finshed yet. He was far to embarressed to admit that he wasn't, and he didn't want to bother them for help.

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. Maybe he should find a snack, maybe some chocolate covered pastry to make him relaxed. At the thought of pastry his stomach growled, he paused to look down the hallway he was in, and judging by the location he was near the kitchens.

Wondeful, he could get that snack sooner than he thought. Smiling a bit he walked down the hall to the kitchen's. Upon entering, he took a moment to take in the scent's of food . When he glanced around he noticed one of the Slytherin students.

Oh, wait a moment! He thought, recognition kicking in. The student was Anne...Anne Kirkland! Yes that was it. He hadn't actually talked to her properly, maybe this was a good time to have a descussion, and maybe bond a little.

With that in mind he walked up to the table Anne was sitting at, noticing the tea set that was out. He smiled politely and cleared his throat. "Excuse me, may I join you Miss Kirkland." He probably didn't have to be so formal, but it was always good to be polite.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Former Fem!England

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Anne and Roderich)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:21 pm

Eyes closed, Anne didn't notice when another student entered the room. She sipped more of the tea calmly, feeling her whole body relax. She should have brought a novel with her, or perhaps some school work. This was the perfect atmosphere in which to get work done. Perhaps she could mentally write her paper. She started listing off the specific properties she needed to know in her head, a concentrated from on her face.

Thus, when the student who had entered spoke, she was relatively startled and quite nearly jumped. She almost snapped at him, too, had it not been for his polite introduction. She debated her words for a moment before giving him a polite smile, vaguely recognizing him.
"You may," Anne allowed with a nod. "Pardon me, I'm not sure if I've remembered your name correctly. Roderich Edelstein, was it?" It was so refreshing to meet a student who understood the proper ways to act around another human being.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Anne and Roderich)   Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:00 am

Roderich smiled, "Thank you." He pulled out his chair before nodding. "Yes, that's my name." He carefully reached for a tea cup for himself and poured some tea. Blowing on it a bit he sipped and savoured the taste, instantly feeling relaxed. It had been awhile since he had a good cup of tea, living with his grandparent's on school break he usually drank coffee. It was his grandfather Adolf's preference. However, he did get to drink tea when he lived with his parent's, now that was a good time.

Shaking those thought's away he smiled politely at Anne. " The tea is wonderful Miss Kirkland." He took another small sip before asking "Did you brew this yourself"? He paused a moment before adding, " Oh, how have your classes been so far".

It was nice to have a calm descussion with someone. True, he didn't spend alot of time with sociolites back home, but Anne seemed like a pleasent person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Former Fem!England

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Anne and Roderich)   Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:26 am

Anne nodded in response to Roderich's thanks, silently letting him know that it was hardly any trouble at all if he sat across from her. She even allowed a smile, priding herself on the fact she actually managed to get his name right. It was a relief as well. How horrid would it have been if she had said the wrong name? Truly embarrassing, surely. Thanks heavens for small miracles, at least. And the fact her memory seemed to be as brilliant as always (though there was hardly ever any doubt in that. Perhaps a smidge).

She nearly laughed aloud as Roderich spoke. Instead, she shook her head, chuckling.
"Oh, Heavens, no. The house elves made it. I only prepare tea for myself in the mornings. The little fellows here know exactly how I like it. It's nice to be able to sit while sipping tea, for once." She gave him the universal smile of understanding. Surely Roderich would be one to appreciate sitting for an unspeakable amount of time and doing nothing but relaxing with the tranquility of tea.

"My classes have been fine, thank you. The Ancient Runes professor seems a bit flaky, though, if you ask me," she paused for a sip of tea. "And yours? I trust they're not too difficult?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Anne and Roderich)   Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:54 pm

Roderich felt a bit releived when Anne smiled a bit, at least his many lessons in etiquette had paid off and he had not disturbed Miss Kirkland. It would have been rather awkward conversation, and it would have been quite troubling for him as well. Thankfully, it seemed that thing's were going well.

Roderich smiled a bit. "Ah I see, and yes it is quite nice to sit and enjoy the tea." Roderich did find it pleasent to sit and drink tea, he was usually always on the go. So it was quite refreshing to just sit and enjoy the peacful atmosphere.

He nodded. "Yes, I have noticed that about the Proffesor, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed," he took another sip of his tea while he thought of how to answer. "No, they're not to difficult. The only one I think I have trouble in is Herbology". He really didn't like working with dirt, it always managed to get under his fingers. And from what he read in his Herbology book, some of those magical plants resembled mutant lobsters...he shook his head. Roderich really didn't want to think about sea creatures at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tea Party (Anne and Roderich)   

Back to top Go down

Tea Party (Anne and Roderich)
Page 1 of 1